After three months I can recommend this dryer.
This was our first dryer for many years and I'm happy to share some of our findings and comment on some of our preconceptions (some learned from other reviews).
- The dryer is energy efficient. We have a Smart Meter for our electricity and we've barely noticed any change when we got a dryer. The current is so low it does not need a dedicated "white goods" socket, but must be earthed safely.
- The dryer _always_ dries the load when used as intended, in our experience. The few times when it didn't it was because we selected the wrong load type (cotton when drying thick towels, for example) OR because the load was way too small - one or two items (in this case you need to select a timed programme rather than an automatic one.)
- On the other hand, it doesn't over-dry clothes.
- It does not work well with a Ziggo router. The router crashes frequently. This affects a the Ziggo Connect Box router (the Arris TG2492LG - a large white one with loads of small air-holes). Bosch recommend contacting Ziggo for a different type of router - I agree that this is probably the fault of the router.
- Drying is quicker than we expected - the timer shows the longest possible duration to get a full 9kg dry. It's very rare for it to take longer than a wash load.
- It's quite quiet. Not so quiet that you could make a hands-free call in the same room without the recipient noticing, but quiet enough to make a call with a headset.
- The water reservoir needs emptying more frequently than we expected. The lint-trap a lot less.
- It requires cleaning each 6-12 months using a bottle of Bosch detergent at a cost of €25. Who knew!
- The drum lighting is great, but turns off too soon if you're folding clothes whilst unloading it (ARE YOU LISTENING BOSCH???)
- The control knob on the front _feels_ a little fragile, but we've not broken it (or the one on our 2-year-old Bosch washer).
- The door design means it's going to gather loads of dirt, crumbs, flour and whatever else if you install it under a kitchen counter.
- Energy efficient
- Dries clothes well
- Design a little over-elaborate and hard to clean
- Programmes don't correspond to clothing labels
- Ziggo router problems
- Requires expensive annual cleaning