AXIS Camera Station is an IP-Surveillance software that works with Axis network cameras and video servers to provide video monitoring, recording and event management functions.
With the AXIS Camera Station installed on your Windows PC, you can monitor your cameras, and at the same time, record high quality, digital video either continuously or on schedule, alarm and/or motion detection. With an additional license, the optional AXIS Image Enhancer component of the software can be applied to improve the clarity of images taken in poor conditions such as fog, smoke, rain or snow. See details about AXIS Image Enhancer.
The AXIS Camera Station offers easy ways to search for recorded events. In addition, the software has a multi-view playback feature that enables a user to view simultaneous recordings from different cameras to get a comprehensive picture of an event.
Remote viewing and playback are also possible with the use of a Web browser or with the AXIS Camera Station's Windows client. The Windows client also enables remote administration of the software. The software allows for scalability, with easy addition of licenses for up to 25 cameras (either networked or analog cameras with video servers attached--see list of compatible products below).
* View and record live video from multiple cameras simultaneously
* Includes several recording modes: continuous, scheduled, on alarm and/or on motion detection. (The software's motion detection feature works by retrieving an image every specified second and comparing the differences in a specified area of the image.)
* Supports, additionally, the video motion detection feature built into some Axis cameras, which saves network bandwidth as images are only sent when motion is detected
* High quality recordings
* Embedded AXIS Image Enhancer component can be unlocked with an additional license key and activated to improve image clarity in poor visibility conditions such as fog, smoke, rain and snow
* No recording limitation in software
* Multiple search functions for recorded events
* Remote access via a Web browser or Windows client, which is included with the software
* Enables control of PTZ and dome cameras
* Alarm alert functions (beep and e-mail)
* Full duplex, real-time audio support without recording
* Multilingual support for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish