- MU-MIMO‡—Simultaneous streaming of data for multiple devices
- Powerful Dual-Core 1.8GHz Processor with Three Offload Processors—Better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing, & more
- Gigabit Internet Ready – Built to support gigabit WAN to LAN speeds
- Smart Connect—Same WiFi network name on 2.4 & 5GHz for automatic band selection
- High-Performance Antennas—Six (6) external antennas for better WiFi coverage & faster speeds
- Two USB Ports—One (1) USB 3.0 & One (1) USB 2.0 for easy access to your stored media
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports—Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps (1 WAN & 4 LAN)
- Port Aggregation— Combine two Gigabit Ethernet ports to improve the aggregated file transfer speed
- NETGEAR® genie® App—Home network manager includes remote access to manage your network away from home
- Works with Amazon Echo/Alexa – Control your home network using voice commands
Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO)
Using Multi-User MIMO technology, NETGEAR routers can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
Best Tri-Band WiFi
Tri-Band WiFi with Smart Connect changes the game for today’s home WiFi networks. With one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz WiFi bands to work with, the X6 has the capacity, flexibility, and intelligence to assign each device to the WiFi band where it can connect at its maximum possible speed. The result is that faster devices can connect and perform unhindered by slower or older devices—meaning ALL devices load, stream, and game at their maximum speed.
Simple and Secure Cloud Storage
Access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® USB Access. Simply plug your USB hard drive into your NETGEAR® Nighthawk® WiFi Router to create secure personal cloud storage. Enjoy the convenience and accessibility of Google Drive™ and Dropbox® without the fees, storage limitations, or privacy concerns. Using the ReadyCLOUD mobile app or web portal, you’ll now have anytime, anywhere access to your USB drive at home… it’s that easy!
Control your Network using Voice Commands
"Alexa, ask NETGEAR to turn on guest WiFi." Easily control your router using voice commands using Amazon Alexa. To enable the router to work with Amazon Alexa, you can use the command "Alexa, enable the NETGEAR skill," or you can manually link the NETGEAR skill to your Alexa app.