This Sigma APO 500mm F4.5 EX DG is a large aperture telephoto lens that can capture sharp images of fast-moving subjects. When doing sport or nature photography there is often no substitute for focal length. More millimeters get you closer to the subject whether it’s a running back in a football game or a monster moose grazing in a pasture. Two ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass elements provide optimum color correction and sharpness throughout the entire zoom range and a new multi-layer lens coating technology and lens design formula reduce flare and ghosting. Rear insertion 46mm filters with provision for easy rotation of polarizing filters. Also, compatible with the Sigma APO Tele Converters to provide additional focal length as a 700mm F8 or 1000mm F11 lens. The Sigma 500mm provides excellent optical performance at a large aperture of f4.5; and this lens is priced substantially lower than the competitive camera manufacturers’ lenses.
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 750 with most cameras
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- Amazingly compact. Approximately 14 inches long & slightly less than 7pounds
- Inner focusing system which enables responsive & fast auto focus speed and overall length does not change during focusing.
- Soft case, lens hood, circular PL filter are included. It is equipped with fixed tripod socket.